Brett Chedzoy's Discussions (157)

Discussions Replied To (108) Replies Latest Activity

"Another good article on this topic from the Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable…"

Brett Chedzoy replied May 8, 2015 to Forests are a "Key Feature" of Food Security

1 May 8, 2015
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Hi Abby, Just noticed that no one replied to this.  I think you can find some releva…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 6, 2015 to Black Locust Silvopasture in SEPA-

2 Apr 7, 2015
Reply by Joanne Vaughn

"Copied below is a recent exchange with Prof. John Fike at Virginia Tech.  It points…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 6, 2015 to Creating Silvopastures with Black Locust

20 Mar 2, 2017
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"A good winter to have some "Living Barns" on the farm.  This article recently appear…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 3, 2015 to Living Barns

3 Mar 3, 2015
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Can't disagree with the points made above.  Just sharing news on ESF's program to br…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 3, 2015 to GMO American Chestnuts - will the King of the Eastern Forests return?

6 May 18, 2017
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"from "improved" trees?"

Brett Chedzoy replied Feb 11, 2015 to Black Locust Seed

4 Feb 11, 2015
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"If you dig around under the www.agri-dynamics.com website (their page appears to tem…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Feb 11, 2015 to Feed values for fodder trees

10 Oct 31, 2023
Reply by Shana Hanson

"Another related article on this topic: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jan 28, 2015 to GMO American Chestnuts - will the King of the Eastern Forests return?

6 May 18, 2017
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"I'm not aware of any commercial sources.  Sheffield Seed Company lists their source…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jan 21, 2015 to Black Locust Seed

4 Feb 11, 2015
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Birch is one of the least decay-resistant woods.  Even if elevated off the ground, I…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Dec 18, 2014 to Natural Fences

4 Jan 19, 2015
Reply by Ben Hartwell

RSS

About

Forum

Off-grid low flow rate pumps

Started by Scott O'Bar Mar 29. 0 Replies

Anyone know of some 12v water pumps that can produce a small trickle of water through a very small diameter tube. Interested in putting cattle on my property, but the water situation is difficult.Continue

willow fodder block

Started by Emily Macdonald Mar 20. 0 Replies

Can anyone share experiences with willow fodder for sheep?  What cultivars did you use? Good sources for obtaining cuttings? What density did you plant?  How did it work out? Did the sheep like…Continue

Forages, Grasses, Legumes

Started by Travis Hermance Mar 18. 0 Replies

I am clearing my woodlots for silvopasture in the Mid-Hudson River Valley in New York State. Can anyone recommend a good mixture of grasses and legumes that are more shade tolerate for my new…Continue

Pasture in forest practitioners tend to have higher uptake of climate-smart forestry practices?

Started by Robbie Coville Mar 15. 0 Replies

Months ago I had read that woodland graziers tend to have higher acceptance of forest management activities: logging, thinning, mechanical interventions, prescribed burning, chemical treatments,…Continue

Members

© 2024   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service