Brett Chedzoy's Discussions (134)

Discussions Replied To (93) Replies Latest Activity

"The two pictures below show two locust plantations on our farm where we've harvested…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Sep 27, 2013 to Trees into Pastures

8 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by Francisco J Ponce

"Below are some examples of on-going experiments at our farm to get more trees into p…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Sep 26, 2013 to Trees into Pastures

8 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by Francisco J Ponce

"We recently held a day-long workshop at the Stone Barns Center in Tarrytown, NY (low…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Aug 16, 2013 to Grazing pigs in the woods - Is it possible?

5 Sep 8, 2013
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Our cows were fully on grass as of today (April 23rd), which ties for our latest tur…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Apr 23, 2013 to 2013 Grazing Season?

1 Apr 23, 2013
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

""

Brett Chedzoy replied Dec 10, 2012 to Goats eating bark

9 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"There are many strategies for protecting trees, and (in my opinion) for an approach…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Dec 10, 2012 to Goats eating bark

9 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Thomas, First, it's important to keep in mind that both the 480-A section of the Rea…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Sep 11, 2012 to 480-a New York Forest Tax Law

2 Sep 12, 2012
Reply by Jeff Jourdain

"We will be offering two silvopasture day courses in Berlin, NY (NY/MA border) on Fri…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jul 10, 2012 to Will NRCS adopt a Silvopasture Standard in Massachusetts?

6 May 22, 2014
Reply by CJ Sloane

"Charles,  In my experience with our goats, bark stripping seems to be a combination…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jul 10, 2012 to Goats eating bark

9 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"To build on Karl's words of caution, silvopasture development from the direction of…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 19, 2012 to Getting started

7 May 26, 2012
Reply by Nostalgia Heritage Farm

RSS

Forum

Shade-tolerant forage seed species and sources?

Started by Ben Harris. Last reply by Ben Harris Aug 7. 7 Replies

As I thin some woods and open up some edge lines, I'm hoping to seed some perennial shade-tolerant forages. I'm mainly focused on wildlife at this point (I don't yet own livestock), and hope to get…Continue

protecting young trees during fly season

Started by Brett Chedzoy. Last reply by Kable Thurlow Aug 3. 3 Replies

As we get ready to move our 5 bulls from the "bull pen" pastures this weekend off to their respective breeding groups and other parts of the farm, I'm reminded that we're currently at the height of…Continue

Starting a silvopasture in the woods

Started by Joe Repetur. Last reply by Joe Repetur Jul 22. 6 Replies

We have about 20+ acres of woods we can use as a silvopasture, but we're not sure how to start it. The woods are a mess, and we're not sure if we should "clear cut" and start over, or?? We have a lot…Continue

Silvopasture class in Albany NY

Started by Joe Repetur Jul 19. 0 Replies

I picked up a copy of The Stockman Grass Farmer newspaper and saw a flyer for two upcoming classes they are going to have September 25th-27th in Albany NY. The first is Grazier's Multi Species…Continue

Members

© 2020   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service