Some of you will be heading to the Grassfed Exchange Conference later this week in Albany.  This national conference dedicated to pasture-based livestock production will have a record attendance of 500!  This is the first time that it will be hosted on the East Coast.  Peter, Joe & I will be giving presentations on silvopasturing on Wed & Friday.  I will add some post-conference pictures and information here.  Details for the conference can be found under the "events" page.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

finally getting around to posting the presentations that we gave at the Grassfed Exchange Conference in September.  If you're not familiar with the Grassfed Exchange, I would encourage you to check out their website.  Best conference I've ever attended!

www.grassfedexchange.com 

Joe Orefice's presentations:

Attachments:

Peter Smallidge's presentations

Attachments:

... and mine

Attachments:

pt 2

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Tree leaf livestock fodder as component of silcvopasture systems

Started by Shana Hanson on Sunday. 0 Replies

I was honored to present at Agroforesterie Francais' Colloque Trognes this winter. Proceedings should be published soon. Many inspiring overviews of traditional silvopasture systems involving…Continue

SilvoPasture Program In Michigan

Started by Kable Thurlow Mar 28. 0 Replies

This walk was given by Brett Chedzoy via zoom at the 2018 Great Lakes Forage and Grazing Conference held at the Agroliquid Headquarters in Saint Johns, Michigan on March 7, 2018. Jerry Lindquist and…Continue

What is Silvopasturing?

Started by Brett Chedzoy. Last reply by Edmund Brown Mar 5. 17 Replies

This topic probably should have been discussed at the forum’s inception in 2011, but better late than never :) Two recent articles in the February, 2018 Stockman Grass Farmer covered many good…Continue

"Slash Walls" and innovative forest regeneration strategies - potential applications for silvopastures?

Started by Brett Chedzoy Feb 7. 0 Replies

The link below is for a blog on the Cornell forestry forum related to using logging debris (slash) for exclusionary fences to protect forest regeneration from deer pressure (or livestock pressure). …Continue

Members

© 2018   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service