Brett Chedzoy's Discussions (157)

Discussions Replied To (108) Replies Latest Activity

"An update on Shana's project to mechanize foliage harvesting:   file:///C:/Users/bjc…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Oct 2, 2023 to Feed values for fodder trees

10 Oct 31, 2023
Reply by Shana Hanson

"A "white paper" that gives a good overview of the applications of biochar: https://w…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jun 5, 2023 to Biochar by-products from silvopasture thinnings

6 Jun 5, 2023
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"The unit has to be "continuously" top-fed to minimize oxygen reaching the lower half…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jun 5, 2023 to Biochar by-products from silvopasture thinnings

6 Jun 5, 2023
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Fire would be a great management tool for both forests and silvopastures in the Nort…"

Brett Chedzoy replied May 3, 2023 to Biochar by-products from silvopasture thinnings

6 Jun 5, 2023
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"If windrowing or piling the cleared brush and trees vs. chipping and dispersing/comp…"

Brett Chedzoy replied May 1, 2023 to Need input whether I should chip tree limbs vs burning

6 May 15, 2023
Reply by Mark E. Kunnemann

"Wood is about 50% carbon on a dry-matter basis, so there's a lot of carbon in trees…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Apr 24, 2023 to Need input whether I should chip tree limbs vs burning

6 May 15, 2023
Reply by Mark E. Kunnemann

"Susan, Here's the thought process that I would go through in selecting both tree spe…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Apr 24, 2023 to Establishing Silvopasture in Horse Fields

3 May 14, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"p.s. - I wish we had a better collective knowledge of shade-tolerance in cover crops…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 17, 2022 to Beating out the bad plants in the early stages of a new silvopasture

5 Apr 1, 2022
Reply by Alex Caskey

"my response: I’m not aware of any applied research that has been done in this area. …"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 17, 2022 to Beating out the bad plants in the early stages of a new silvopasture

5 Apr 1, 2022
Reply by Alex Caskey

"the original question: "We have a land owner that is clearing about 16 acres of fore…"

5 Apr 1, 2022
Reply by Alex Caskey

RSS

About

Forum

Forages, Grasses, Legumes

Started by Travis Hermance 10 hours ago. 0 Replies

I am clearing my woodlots for silvopasture in the Mid-Hudson River Valley in New York State. Can anyone recommend a good mixture of grasses and legumes that are more shade tolerate for my new…Continue

Pasture in forest practitioners tend to have higher uptake of climate-smart forestry practices?

Started by Robbie Coville on Friday. 0 Replies

Months ago I had read that woodland graziers tend to have higher acceptance of forest management activities: logging, thinning, mechanical interventions, prescribed burning, chemical treatments,…Continue

Busy fall in the silvopasture world

Started by Brett Chedzoy. Last reply by Joshua Greene Jan 2. 1 Reply

Hopefully some of you have found the time to attend either the "SilvoPro" training this week in PA or maybe even the International Agroforestry Conference in Ireland.  Look forward to some updates…Continue

Feed values for fodder trees

Started by jackie milne. Last reply by Shana Hanson Oct 31, 2023. 10 Replies

Hello everyone!We live in northern Canada, we have Aspen, birch, popular, willows and various wild roses and berry shrubs as well as white and black spruce mainly some pine. What I have been trying…Continue

Members

© 2024   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service