Brett Chedzoy's Discussions (134)

Discussions Replied To (93) Replies Latest Activity

"A lone goat may not eat a lot of brush, but she's entertaining.  Best of all, she's…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jul 30, 2018 to Controlling noxious plant communities in forest and silvopasture landscapes

8 Sep 7, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Our goat (singular), Bunny, enjoying some multiflora rose "

Brett Chedzoy replied Jul 30, 2018 to Controlling noxious plant communities in forest and silvopasture landscapes

8 Sep 7, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"An often overlooked benefit of silvopasturing: vegetation management Goats: The surp…"

8 Sep 7, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"some related news: AN HOUR’S drive from Brasília, Brazil’s capital, humped zebu catt…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jul 24, 2018 to Agroforestry = Climate mitigation (Mongabay)

1 Jul 24, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"I believe the official status of Black Locust is discussed in other posts, but the w…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jul 21, 2018 to Growing Black Locust as a Timber Cash Crop in the Northeast

6 Jul 24, 2018
Reply by Joe Repetur

"I recently noticed that the presentations from the 2017 Grassfed Exchange Conference…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jun 11, 2018 to The Grassfed Exchange Conference

6 Jun 11, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Eric Toensmeier is a lecturer at Yale University and a senior researcher with the…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jun 7, 2018 to Role of Silvopasturing in "Saving the Planet"

4 Jun 7, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"The second story (too long to copy, but worth a read): http://quillette.com/2018/04/…"

Brett Chedzoy replied May 9, 2018 to Role of Silvopasturing in "Saving the Planet"

4 Jun 7, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"A couple of recent articles below that have come across my inbox.  My intent isn't t…"

Brett Chedzoy replied May 9, 2018 to Role of Silvopasturing in "Saving the Planet"

4 Jun 7, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"so europeanesque anyone for "gladegrazing"?"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 2, 2018 to What is Silvopasturing?

17 Mar 5, 2018
Reply by Edmund Brown

RSS

Forum

Shade-tolerant forage seed species and sources?

Started by Ben Harris. Last reply by Ben Harris Aug 7. 7 Replies

As I thin some woods and open up some edge lines, I'm hoping to seed some perennial shade-tolerant forages. I'm mainly focused on wildlife at this point (I don't yet own livestock), and hope to get…Continue

protecting young trees during fly season

Started by Brett Chedzoy. Last reply by Kable Thurlow Aug 3. 3 Replies

As we get ready to move our 5 bulls from the "bull pen" pastures this weekend off to their respective breeding groups and other parts of the farm, I'm reminded that we're currently at the height of…Continue

Starting a silvopasture in the woods

Started by Joe Repetur. Last reply by Joe Repetur Jul 22. 6 Replies

We have about 20+ acres of woods we can use as a silvopasture, but we're not sure how to start it. The woods are a mess, and we're not sure if we should "clear cut" and start over, or?? We have a lot…Continue

Silvopasture class in Albany NY

Started by Joe Repetur Jul 19. 0 Replies

I picked up a copy of The Stockman Grass Farmer newspaper and saw a flyer for two upcoming classes they are going to have September 25th-27th in Albany NY. The first is Grazier's Multi Species…Continue

Members

© 2020   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service