Scott O'Bar's Discussions (17)

Discussions Replied To (14) Replies Latest Activity

"At first I was thinking about ordering 50-60 of the 3gal. ones. But then I realized…"

Scott O'Bar replied Sep 7, 2023 to Methods For Growing Lots Of Trees In A Small Footprint For Cost-Effective Silvopasture Establishment

17 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"I also found a source here for 1 gallon pots. They look like the same exact product…"

Scott O'Bar replied Sep 7, 2023 to Methods For Growing Lots Of Trees In A Small Footprint For Cost-Effective Silvopasture Establishment

17 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"These are the only options for air-pruning pots I've found in Peru: https://perugrow…"

17 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zhTsYgfuyQ That's the video I was talking about. I…"

Scott O'Bar replied Aug 28, 2023 to Methods For Growing Lots Of Trees In A Small Footprint For Cost-Effective Silvopasture Establishment

17 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"Have you heard of the work of Ernst Gotsch? I was amazed to learn about his work in…"

Scott O'Bar replied Aug 27, 2023 to Methods For Growing Lots Of Trees In A Small Footprint For Cost-Effective Silvopasture Establishment

17 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"Thanks for the kind words about my book. It's kind of ironic as I'm also a resident…"

Scott O'Bar replied Aug 27, 2023 to Methods For Growing Lots Of Trees In A Small Footprint For Cost-Effective Silvopasture Establishment

17 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"I didn't know the mechanism of action for those air-prune pots. Thanks for sharing.…"

Scott O'Bar replied Aug 15, 2023 to Methods For Growing Lots Of Trees In A Small Footprint For Cost-Effective Silvopasture Establishment

17 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"Cool. What part of Tennessee is this? I'm familiar with the concept of air-pruning p…"

Scott O'Bar replied Jul 24, 2023 to Methods For Growing Lots Of Trees In A Small Footprint For Cost-Effective Silvopasture Establishment

17 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"Thanks for the long and detailed response. I appreciate your perspective. It sounds…"

Scott O'Bar replied Jul 23, 2023 to Are There Many Viable Careers in Agroforestry?

4 Jul 23, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

"Follow-up question: What additional training/education programs are recommended? Wha…"

Scott O'Bar replied Jun 3, 2023 to Are There Many Viable Careers in Agroforestry?

4 Jul 23, 2023
Reply by Scott O'Bar

RSS

About

Forum

willow fodder block

Started by Emily Macdonald Mar 20. 0 Replies

Can anyone share experiences with willow fodder for sheep?  What cultivars did you use? Good sources for obtaining cuttings? What density did you plant?  How did it work out? Did the sheep like…Continue

Forages, Grasses, Legumes

Started by Travis Hermance Mar 18. 0 Replies

I am clearing my woodlots for silvopasture in the Mid-Hudson River Valley in New York State. Can anyone recommend a good mixture of grasses and legumes that are more shade tolerate for my new…Continue

Pasture in forest practitioners tend to have higher uptake of climate-smart forestry practices?

Started by Robbie Coville Mar 15. 0 Replies

Months ago I had read that woodland graziers tend to have higher acceptance of forest management activities: logging, thinning, mechanical interventions, prescribed burning, chemical treatments,…Continue

Busy fall in the silvopasture world

Started by Brett Chedzoy. Last reply by Joshua Greene Jan 2. 1 Reply

Hopefully some of you have found the time to attend either the "SilvoPro" training this week in PA or maybe even the International Agroforestry Conference in Ireland.  Look forward to some updates…Continue

Members

© 2024   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service