Brett Chedzoy's Discussions (157)

Discussions Replied To (108) Replies Latest Activity

"the second presentation on silvopasturing"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 21, 2016 to Maine Grass-fed Network Grazing Conference

1 Mar 21, 2016
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"I've used the image above in some recent talks to emphasize what are the alternative…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 21, 2016 to Silvopasture

1 Mar 21, 2016
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Hmmmm?  If the cattle were grazing under a chestnut plantation, it's possible that s…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 21, 2016 to Chestnut in Silvopasture

2 Mar 23, 2016
Reply by Jono Neiger

"After the logging we did this summer, I realized that it would be too difficult to g…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Mar 2, 2016 to Hackerson - Huntington, MA silvopasture update

5 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by Dave Manning

"Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to find some local stands of locust in Tioga Co,…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Jan 6, 2016 to Looking for black locust seeds & posts in Tioga County, PA vicinity

2 Jan 7, 2016
Reply by Nathan Smelser

"What I've observed on our farm where we've left behind a significant mulch layer fro…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Nov 19, 2015 to The Virginia Experiment... "Establishing Silvopasture: A Mid-way Progress Assessment"

4 Nov 19, 2015
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Is Ross seeding anything on the bare ground, or just letting nature take its course?…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Oct 28, 2015 to Hackerson - Huntington, MA silvopasture update

5 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by Dave Manning

"a new story related to this topic: RHINEBECK, N.Y. — Twelve goats from New York are…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Sep 1, 2015 to Controlling noxious plant communities in forest and silvopasture landscapes

8 Sep 7, 2018
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Adam, Do you and John have a sense for the difference in cost/acre between the two u…"

Brett Chedzoy replied Aug 20, 2015 to The Virginia Experiment... "Establishing Silvopasture: A Mid-way Progress Assessment"

4 Nov 19, 2015
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Maryanne, The Brontosaurus should have a grinder head much like the FECON and will p…"

Brett Chedzoy replied May 29, 2015 to Brontosaurus -- Clearing strip for installation of fence

1 May 29, 2015
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

RSS

About

Forum

willow fodder block

Started by Emily Macdonald Mar 20. 0 Replies

Can anyone share experiences with willow fodder for sheep?  What cultivars did you use? Good sources for obtaining cuttings? What density did you plant?  How did it work out? Did the sheep like…Continue

Forages, Grasses, Legumes

Started by Travis Hermance Mar 18. 0 Replies

I am clearing my woodlots for silvopasture in the Mid-Hudson River Valley in New York State. Can anyone recommend a good mixture of grasses and legumes that are more shade tolerate for my new…Continue

Pasture in forest practitioners tend to have higher uptake of climate-smart forestry practices?

Started by Robbie Coville Mar 15. 0 Replies

Months ago I had read that woodland graziers tend to have higher acceptance of forest management activities: logging, thinning, mechanical interventions, prescribed burning, chemical treatments,…Continue

Busy fall in the silvopasture world

Started by Brett Chedzoy. Last reply by Joshua Greene Jan 2. 1 Reply

Hopefully some of you have found the time to attend either the "SilvoPro" training this week in PA or maybe even the International Agroforestry Conference in Ireland.  Look forward to some updates…Continue

Members

© 2024   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service