Jeff Jourdain's Discussions (17)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"At yesterday's workshop in NH.   The question came up about where the term silvopast…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Feb 23, 2018 to What is Silvopasturing?

17 Mar 5, 2018
Reply by Edmund Brown

"Last spring Ross did seed [with the help of my teenage son] most of the area harvest…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Mar 13, 2016 to Hackerson - Huntington, MA silvopasture update

5 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by Dave Manning

"Brett- Here in Massachusetts, silvopastures can be classified as either forestland […"

Jeff Jourdain replied Mar 24, 2015 to Tax Abatement Benefits For Land Under Silvopasture Management

1 Mar 24, 2015
Reply by Jeff Jourdain

"You know Ross and his energy level.  There is plenty of expansion of his herds plann…"

Jeff Jourdain replied May 14, 2014 to Silvopasture project in Huntington, MA

3 May 19, 2014
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Brett- I agree that there isn't a single 'right' or easy answer to this question.  W…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Dec 3, 2013 to Interfering Vegetation Control in Thinned Woodlots and Silvopastures

5 Dec 21, 2013
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Russell- It seems like you have a good idea of what you want cut and how you want it…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Sep 17, 2013 to Seeking NH Foresters

2 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by Jeff Jourdain

"Brett- I agree with you regarding black locust and all its attributes.  Just a note…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Sep 11, 2013 to Trees into Pastures

8 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by Francisco J Ponce

"Pete- Determining weasel vs avian predator was easy.  The birds where in the coop wh…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Sep 9, 2013 to woodland predator of chickens

4 Sep 9, 2013
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Pete- I've had hawks and owls take heads off chickens. After the 'attack from above'…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Sep 8, 2013 to woodland predator of chickens

4 Sep 9, 2013
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"I don't think white latex paint will harm the trees.  FEDCO trees in Maine recommend…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Dec 5, 2012 to Goats eating bark

9 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

RSS

Forum

New member is a spammer

Started by Earl Lee. Last reply by Peter Smallidge on Tuesday. 1 Reply

James Pollard sent spam msg to all members he could. Other groups have been hit by him in past.example below I have…Continue

[Iowa] Looking for a critique of my plan

Started by Jesse Matt. Last reply by Travis Meier Oct 14. 5 Replies

Hello All,New to silvopasture practice.  I am a forestry and Global Resource Systems student from Iowa State University.  Agroforestry has really stolen my heart, and I've been trying learn as much…Continue

Planted Silvopatures

Started by Brett Chedzoy Jul 19. 0 Replies

Peter Smallidge shared this article with me on the potential carbon sequestration benefits of tree planting:  …Continue

Who has experience with Empress Tree?

Started by Jonathan Bates. Last reply by Dr. Akos Bodnar Jul 2. 13 Replies

Hello folks,I'm doing research for the possibility of growing this tree as a silvopasture crop, mostly for intensive silvopasture forage for sheep and beef cattle in New York. Many other temperate…Continue

Tags: beef, cattle, new, york, sheep

Members

© 2019   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service