Joe Orefice's Discussions (9)

Discussions Replied To (9) Replies Latest Activity

"Glad to hear you'll be doing some thinning. I think one comment to the town would be…"

Joe Orefice replied Oct 11, 2018 to Examples of Silvopasture in Public Areas Needed

4 Oct 11, 2018
Reply by Scott Johnson

"Scott, I am not familiar with any municipal silvopastures but you might reach out to…"

Joe Orefice replied Oct 11, 2018 to Examples of Silvopasture in Public Areas Needed

4 Oct 11, 2018
Reply by Scott Johnson

"They called it "silvo-pasture" at the 2016 "World Congress Silvo-Pastoral Systems".…"

Joe Orefice replied Mar 2, 2018 to What is Silvopasturing?

17 Mar 5, 2018
Reply by Edmund Brown

"Steve, have you seen the USDA define “forest pasture”? In the census of Agriculture…"

Joe Orefice replied Feb 24, 2018 to What is Silvopasturing?

17 Mar 5, 2018
Reply by Edmund Brown

"I’m fairly comfortable thinking that Native Americans and fire were a driver of sava…"

Joe Orefice replied Feb 23, 2018 to What is Silvopasturing?

17 Mar 5, 2018
Reply by Edmund Brown

"Brett, Thanks for posting this. I think one of the challenges with silvopasture and…"

Joe Orefice replied Feb 23, 2018 to What is Silvopasturing?

17 Mar 5, 2018
Reply by Edmund Brown

"Mike, As you mentioned it's really difficult to determine stocking densities because…"

Joe Orefice replied Feb 10, 2017 to Stocking density

1 Feb 10, 2017
Reply by Joe Orefice

""

Joe Orefice replied Dec 5, 2012 to Goats eating bark

9 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"I agree with Jeff, painting the bark of trees white shouldn't harm the trees. Bill M…"

Joe Orefice replied Dec 5, 2012 to Goats eating bark

9 Dec 10, 2012
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

RSS

About

Forum

Off-grid low flow rate pumps

Started by Scott O'Bar Mar 29. 0 Replies

Anyone know of some 12v water pumps that can produce a small trickle of water through a very small diameter tube. Interested in putting cattle on my property, but the water situation is difficult.Continue

willow fodder block

Started by Emily Macdonald Mar 20. 0 Replies

Can anyone share experiences with willow fodder for sheep?  What cultivars did you use? Good sources for obtaining cuttings? What density did you plant?  How did it work out? Did the sheep like…Continue

Forages, Grasses, Legumes

Started by Travis Hermance Mar 18. 0 Replies

I am clearing my woodlots for silvopasture in the Mid-Hudson River Valley in New York State. Can anyone recommend a good mixture of grasses and legumes that are more shade tolerate for my new…Continue

Pasture in forest practitioners tend to have higher uptake of climate-smart forestry practices?

Started by Robbie Coville Mar 15. 0 Replies

Months ago I had read that woodland graziers tend to have higher acceptance of forest management activities: logging, thinning, mechanical interventions, prescribed burning, chemical treatments,…Continue

Members

© 2024   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service