Jeff Jourdain's Discussions (18)

Discussions Replied To (12) Replies Latest Activity

"Joe- What do you mean by a 'mess'?   When was the last time it was cut?  Did the for…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Jun 5, 2020 to Starting a silvopasture in the woods

8 Mar 21, 2022
Reply by Cydney Cornell

"At yesterday's workshop in NH.   The question came up about where the term silvopast…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Feb 23, 2018 to What is Silvopasturing?

17 Mar 5, 2018
Reply by Edmund Brown

"Last spring Ross did seed [with the help of my teenage son] most of the area harvest…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Mar 13, 2016 to Hackerson - Huntington, MA silvopasture update

5 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by Dave Manning

"Brett- Here in Massachusetts, silvopastures can be classified as either forestland […"

Jeff Jourdain replied Mar 24, 2015 to Tax Abatement Benefits For Land Under Silvopasture Management

1 Mar 24, 2015
Reply by Jeff Jourdain

"You know Ross and his energy level.  There is plenty of expansion of his herds plann…"

Jeff Jourdain replied May 14, 2014 to Silvopasture project in Huntington, MA

3 May 19, 2014
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Brett- I agree that there isn't a single 'right' or easy answer to this question.  W…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Dec 3, 2013 to Interfering Vegetation Control in Thinned Woodlots and Silvopastures

5 Dec 21, 2013
Reply by Brett Chedzoy

"Russell- It seems like you have a good idea of what you want cut and how you want it…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Sep 17, 2013 to Seeking NH Foresters

2 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by Jeff Jourdain

"Brett- I agree with you regarding black locust and all its attributes.  Just a note…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Sep 11, 2013 to Trees into Pastures

8 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by Francisco J Ponce

"Pete- Determining weasel vs avian predator was easy.  The birds where in the coop wh…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Sep 9, 2013 to woodland predator of chickens

4 Sep 9, 2013
Reply by Peter Smallidge

"Pete- I've had hawks and owls take heads off chickens. After the 'attack from above'…"

Jeff Jourdain replied Sep 8, 2013 to woodland predator of chickens

4 Sep 9, 2013
Reply by Peter Smallidge

RSS

About

Forum

Off-grid low flow rate pumps

Started by Scott O'Bar Mar 29. 0 Replies

Anyone know of some 12v water pumps that can produce a small trickle of water through a very small diameter tube. Interested in putting cattle on my property, but the water situation is difficult.Continue

willow fodder block

Started by Emily Macdonald Mar 20. 0 Replies

Can anyone share experiences with willow fodder for sheep?  What cultivars did you use? Good sources for obtaining cuttings? What density did you plant?  How did it work out? Did the sheep like…Continue

Forages, Grasses, Legumes

Started by Travis Hermance Mar 18. 0 Replies

I am clearing my woodlots for silvopasture in the Mid-Hudson River Valley in New York State. Can anyone recommend a good mixture of grasses and legumes that are more shade tolerate for my new…Continue

Pasture in forest practitioners tend to have higher uptake of climate-smart forestry practices?

Started by Robbie Coville Mar 15. 0 Replies

Months ago I had read that woodland graziers tend to have higher acceptance of forest management activities: logging, thinning, mechanical interventions, prescribed burning, chemical treatments,…Continue

Members

© 2024   Created by Peter Smallidge.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service